Monday, April 13, 2015

Goodbye, North Salem...

Hi everyone! 

It's really happening! I'm getting transferred! I honestly did not see it coming this transfer. I, for sure, thought I was safe. I'll still be serving as STL (Sister Training Leader); I just don't think it'll be for Spanish. But I'll find out tomorrow. So nervous! 

Honestly, if you had told me nine months ago that leaving this ward would feel like leaving home all over again I would not have believed you. I have come to really love these people, this area, and the people we're teaching. This is probably the hardest part of missionary work - the getting attached and then having to leave. It is the weirdest feeling. 

I think one of the biggest things I've learned from this ward is the strength of unity and charity. This ward has changed so much in the time I've been here and I'm so glad I was here to see it. I know when we focus on having true Christlike love for others, we begin to see them in a different way-- in the way Heavenly Father sees them. 

I love this ward and I love being a missionary. It truly is the best! I'm so sad to leave - so, so sad - but I know Heavenly Father has a plan and a purpose in everything. 

Here are pictures of some of my goodbyes. We still have some to do tonight so more to come next week.

Andrade family

With Keila





 Neighbor Gabby with her sons

Best friends - adorable!

 Bishop and his sons

 Hermano & Hermana Deloyas...He was the Ward Mission Leader when I came to North Salem and she is the Relief Society President.  Their daughter, Nohely went on a mission to Ohio.

 Ramirez family...The father was baptized in December; yesterday he baptized his son.

 Another Ramirez family

With Cynthia...she came out with us all the time and is starting to fill out her mission papers

With Cynthia's sister, Tiffany

 With Hermana Bartshe


With our district:




And Zone:






Love you all! 

Love,

Hermana Meise

Note from Mom:  Another bonus photo.  Hayley was on an exchange with Sister Kinneard last week.  Her mom sent me this photo.  Sister Kinneard was born in our area and their family attended our ward. They moved away just a few years before we moved into the area. Hermana Meise and Sister Kinneard arrived in the Salem Oregon mission at the same time and met then. Her mom and I discovered our connections (plus a few more) while talking on Facebook. This world just keeps getting smaller and smaller.





No comments:

Post a Comment