Monday, June 15, 2015

I just LOVE these people!


Hi everyone!

This week was actually super great! We had some really special things happen. We had a mission tour with Elder Daniel Johnson of the Quorum of the Seventy. We literally spent the whole day with him. It was awesome! 

We started off by having a big zone conference basically with all the missionaries from a few of the zones around here. Then after that, we had a member missionary fireside with the Bishop, Relief Society President, Elder's Quorum President, Ward Mission Leader, and their spouses. After that, there was a Lamanite Conference for all of the members of the Spanish Speaking units in the whole mission. Elder Johnson grew up in Chihuahua, Mexico and he served as Mission President and an Area Authority in Spanish speaking areas for a long time. Him and his wife were able to speak to all of the people and it was SO cool. Everyone from Forest Grove, Salem, and McMinnville ward/branches were all there. There were so many of my very favorite people ALL in the same room. I don't even know how to describe it, it was like a family reunion of sorts. So. very. happy. As I was sitting there in that room with all of them and we all started singing the first hymn, I was overwhelmed by the love I felt for all of those people. It hit me so strong in that moment. I just LOVE these people! At the conference, Elder Johnson talked about the blessings of daily scripture study. It was the perfect message.

 Lamanite Conference...reunited with missionaries from my previous zone

 Hermanas!

Gabby got baptized yesterday!!! She is someone the sisters had been teaching before I got here and she is so awesome. It was such a beautiful baptism. We did it a little differently because that was the way she wanted it. Instead of having people give talks about baptism and the Holy Ghost as is usually done, we had a few members bear their testimonies and it was so amazing. The Spirit was so strong and it was so personal to her. I especially felt the Spirit as she was being confirmed. I just felt the reality of that ordinance and what a blessing it was going to be for Gabby specifically to have the companionship of the Spirit in her life. 




More pictures...

One of the members gave us these Takis for helping them with their yard.
Takis are these spicy tortilla chips rolled up like taquitos that Hispanics are
OBSESSED with. They're super good!

Hermana Aubrey, Elder Floisand and I all came to the mission together from the CCM. Here we are with Lexi.

 Alejandra is this AWESOME lady who was baptized in Woodburn.

With Kika

Lexi

 Lexi's brother, Chamuco



Love you all! Have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Meise

Many thanks to the wonderful sister who reached out to me and has supplied me with some great pictures like the one at the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment