Thursday, October 30, 2014

Good news and bad news

Hi everyone,

So much to tell this week! I'll start with the good news-- I've been called as a STL (Sister Training Leader)! For those of you who don't know what a STL is, it's basically a zone leader for sister missionaries. For those of you who don't know what a zone leader is, I'm basically going to be helping other sisters improve, going to their areas and having them come to mine to train them and what not. To be totally honest, I'm a little bit terrified and definitely feeling super under qualified for this. I'm the second "youngest" Hermana in this mission, in terms of how long we've been out. I definitely do not feel capable of telling any of these Hermanas, who have been missionaries way longer than me, what things they can work on. Aye aye aye, it'll be fine, right? The Lord qualifies who He calls, right? I kind of knew it was coming because President talked about it in my interview last week, but at that point it was up in the air as to whether it would happen this transfer or next transfer. I was really hoping next transfer, but I guess this is what's best.  


The bad news is that this means Hermana Perez and I will be getting split up! I can't even tell you how sad I am about this. I know who my new companion is already so that's nice but I'm just so sad. I LOVE Hermana Perez, she is seriously my best friend. We have had a blast being together and have been able to see so many wonderful things happen. The only light at the end of the tunnel in this is that she's going to go to BYU so we're planning on being roommates again after our missions.
 

We also had a Halloween activity for the Primary this week! It was so cute to see all the kids. The S______s, P_____ and her family, and another investigator M_____ all came so it was great to see so many people there. They had some little games and we decorated cupcakes, and it was super fun. This week our ward is having a trunk or treat so that'll be fun! I'm hoping we'll have a bunch of people there as well.







This little girl reminds me of Zoey






The S______ family had their court date this morning to see if they were going back to Mexico or not and we don't know the details yet, but she said it went super well! That was definitely good, good news. 

Yesterday in Gospel Principles we had a lesson about the importance of family history work and temples. It was so good and inspiring.  I can't wait to go home and do more family history work.


Love you,

Hayley


No comments:

Post a Comment